Dear Current and Future Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Students,
We have recently implemented a new online Scholarship Management System for the Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Program. The entire scholarship application process for all students will now be utilizing this new online system.
Please use the link below to access the online Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Management System. The first time you access the new scholarship system, you will need to Create a New Account with your email address, contact information, and your Discount Tire Parent’s information. Once you have your account set up, you will be able to log in with your username (email) and password you created to access the Applicant Dashboard. You will complete your New or Renewal Scholarship Application and submit any additional documents that may be needed from your online portal.
You can access the online Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Management System using the following link:
Please note that going forward, all future correspondence for the Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Program will be through the online portal and via email. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe sender list to avoid any emails going into your junk folder.
Please be sure to update your online profile at any time if you change your email address or have any changes to your school or personal information.
The Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Program is available to college-age dependents, ages 17-24, of all full-time employees who have worked at the company with at least three consecutive years of full-time service by the new student application deadline, March 15th.
The scholarship is provided for undergraduate study only, and students must be enrolled full-time and successfully complete 12 credit hours each semester. The scholarship award is valued at $5,000 per year for students attending a four-year university, or $2,000 per year for students attending a two-year community college or vocational school. The scholarship is divided in two payments and will be paid directly to the school.
The deadline for NEW applicants is March 15.
The deadline for RENEWING students is April 15.
New Applicants Must Be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- Age 17-24.
- The dependent child of a full-time employee with at least three consecutive years of service with Discount Tire Company, America’s Tire Company or Discount Tire Direct, by the new application deadline.
- A high school senior graduating from an accredited high school OR a student already attending an accredited post-secondary institution or vocational program.
- An active participant in school and community service activities.
- Academically motivated as determined by a school transcript, letter of recommendation, and application materials.
Renewal Applicants Must Be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- Age 17-24.
- Enrolled full time and successfully complete at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- In good standing academically and eligible to continue studies at the post-secondary institution.
- Participate in at least one community service activity during the school year.
- Academically motivated as determined by a school transcript and renewal application materials.
Please contact the Bruce T. Halle Scholarship Office if you have any questions or need any additional information.